SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Electric smoker with bluetooth

Lars
2 years ago

DB Kevin wants to replace the old electric smoker that we got rid of and buy one that has bluetooth controls for our house in Cathedral City (Palm Springs adjacent).

This is the one that I recommended for him, but we would have to order it from Walmart. I've never bought anything from Walmart before, nor have I been inside one of their stores, and so I have no experience with this store and don't know how trustworthy it is. Also, I read a review that said that this smoker does not work well in winter, which is when we would want to use it. Since the average temperatures in Palm Springs in January are from 71°F (average high) to 45°F (average low), I think we should be okay, since we would only use it in the afternoons. I would avoid using it on the cold days when it is in the lower 60s.

The other one I am considering is this 30" one at Home Depot, but we would have to drive 23 miles to Yucca Valley to pick it up. The advantage to this one is that it is on legs. This one might work better in the winter because it is black, but then it might get pretty hot in the summer. Either one we buy we will store in the shade on the patio, and so it would not get direct sun.

Are there any others that I should consider that might be better?

Has anyone here used a bluetooth smoker?

Kevin does not want to buy another Big Green Egg, which is what we use in Los Angeles for smoking at the moment, and it works perfectly fine in the winter, although we do not use it on rainy days. We already have an Ooni propane pizza oven here, and so we would not need a BGE for that here.

Comments (14)

Sponsored