SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphire131

Drugstore non-perm haircolor recommendation

SEA SEA
2 years ago

I have a friend who got a bad color job with her hairdresser :-( At first it was much too dark (leaning to dark medium brown) and sent her home with dark hair when it is supposed to be a medium/light neutral blonde. Then the stylist did a bleach wash after my friend complained a day later (don't know why she didn't speak up while in the chair when this happened), and it was red blonde. (and sent her HOME looking like that without applying a toner to fix the brassiness, which is now orange several days later)

Friend bought some blue and purple shampoo as a stop-gap measure until we can think this through without making things worse. She is not going back for further color correcting.

I am not familiar with drugstore semi-perm colors anymore. My mom used to use Loving Care by Clairol with good results, but it is not in production anymore. Anyone know of something along those lines where my friend won't get into worse trouble. At this point, she needs to have a cool/ash light blonde non-permanant color to apply where her damaged hair won't absorb all the base color and turn green or blue.

I'm at a loss as to what would be a gentle deposit-only drugstore or Sally beauty supply product with no peroxide or ammonia. I'd like to see her try a small section of hair with this (if it exists anymore) product to see how it comes out before she covers all of her hair with it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH