SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

OBF - OCTOBER SWAP: Letters of the Season

sandlapper_rose
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Happy Month of October! To participate this month you must be a member of the OBF group. Let's keep the swap simple and inexpensive for your participation. Sending in a padded envelope or a small size box is fine. We all know postage can be very expensive these days.

Here's what this month entails if you want to participate.

You will choose one of the following words and use 4 of the letters found in the word for the basis for your package.

OCTOBER

AUTUMN

HARVEST

HALLOWEEN

You will send your swap to another OBF member who has also signed up for the swap. Your swap package will need to include at least 4 items; each one will need to begin with one of the letters you selected from the your word.

For example:

If I chose OCTOBER my letters I choose could be OCTB -

I could send an owl (figurine or other decorative item or even a card with an owl in the design), candy (how about something that might be a “trick or treat” candy), assorted tea bags, and a plant bulb (or bulbs). Note that you can use O twice if you want to since the letter appears twice in the word.

I think it would be fun to have your package reflect a fall or Halloween theme, but that's not necessary. It's up to you. You don't have to tell us what word you will use when you sign up but do include a little note in your package so the recipient will find the word you selected..

There will also be a guessing game “What and Where”. Since I will be using my Fall and Halloween decorations for the first time in my new house, I will take guesses each day if I'm able to post that frequently. I certainly have enough items to do that! The "what" is the item I used as a decoration that day and the "where" is the room I placed it in. Watch for #1 which I should be posting on Oct. 1. First person to get the item right and first person to get the room right will get a point each. If you are the first person to guess both the item and the room that day, you will get two points. Each player can only guess one item as the "what" and one item as the "where" each day. If the item and location are not guessed on the day they are listed, I'll continue to keep them on the list until guessed. If I can manage it, I'll try to take some pictures as these are guessed so you can enjoy seeing the decorations.

To help you out, here are the possible “places” where I might use the item for a decoration: Outside (which includes the yard, front porch and screened porch), Kitchen, Living Room, Family Room, Bedroom, Sewing Room, Office/Study, Laundry Room, Bathroom ... who knows where it might go – I certainly don't at this point! I'm still in the moving process (who knew it could take such a long time), so there will be times I won't have access to my computer … I hope my schedule doesn't disrupt us too much.

Please sign up by Oct. 8 and Mail by Oct. 20 so the packages with a Halloween theme will arrive in time for Halloween. Please post when you mail and when you receive. No need to sign up to play the game. Just join in when you have the opportunity. As always, your pictures of your garden and fall décor are enjoyed by all of us.

Comments (154)