SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Rigid Core SPC kitchen floor install & cabinets--cabinets 1st. Right?

julieste
2 years ago

I am putting in Karndean Van Gogh Rigid Core throughout my entire first floor (except for the bath). My contractor wants to know if I want the flooring in the kitchen laid before the custom made cabinet bases are installed.

Here is what the Karndean website says: "Install permanent fixtures prior to installation of Van Gogh Rigid Core, leaving a space for expansion and contraction (see below)." I assume that means that the cabinets are considered permanent fixtures. Right?

I just want to make sure I get this right. So, the cabinet bases are installed. Then, the flooring is installed, including under where the range and fridge and dishwasher will be. Then, cabinet toe kicks will be installed so that I won't need quarter round (I hate the look of this under kitchen cabinets).

With this sequence I will be meeting the manufacturer's specs, there won't be problems with a dishwasher install or a possible need to pull out for servicing, and I will get a nice, clean look for my modern themed kitchen.

Thanks for your comments.

Comments (3)