SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
_hello_sunshine_

Bedroom Shiplap Whites - Help!

Carly
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

New home owners here! So sorry if we sound dumb. The second picture is where we started, and the first picture is now with the trim/moulding/chair rails removed and carpet gone. We refinished the hardwood underneath and are looking to update the room with still a vintage-ish style, but not quite chair rail level 50s. This is to match the rest of the home (inside and out).

Anyways! To the real question. We are planning on at least making the west wall (where the bed headboard is against) a white shiplap wall, see how we like it, and either paint the other walls or continue the shiplap all the way around. My painting dilemma is that we have also painted our living room white, but this was problematic with all the "stereotypical" whites that are recommended. Our living room has a quite a bit more light, with large East and West windows. So, SW Pure White ended up looking blue, SW Alabaster and BM Chantilly Lace looked too yellow. We ended up doing the walls in BM Cotton Balls and the brick fireplace in Behr Night Blooming Jasmine (the latter of which I preferred because it just looked white with a hint of cream, but no blues).

With our bedroom, should I just roll-over the Behr color, or should I look back into the stereotypical shiplap whites because there is less of a lighting issue there? If anyone has done shiplap in a South/West windowed room, what color did you choose?

Thank you!!

Comments (8)