SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowang_gw

Help finding a distressed ivory/white bedroom set please!!

snowang
13 years ago

Hi there! I've been searching up and down and left and right for a bedroom set that is unique and within our budget ($3k-$4k). I first fell in love with the Portofino bedroom set in ivory on an old Stanley catalog and was told the bedroom pieces were discontinued. Then I found the Sable Creek collection on Hooker Furniture's website.

http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index.cfm/furniture/furniture-catalog.show-collection-medium-products/home-furniture//furniture-collection/548-90/sable-creek.cfm

I couldn't get over the distressed ivory finish with painted floral accent. And the bed itself looks substantial enough. I know I can get a king panel bed, dresser with mirror, two night stands for about $3500 delivered and assembled but I need to check the real thing out first. Unfortunately the closest dealer with any display from this collection is 2 hours away and I don't have 4 hours to do this with two young children. I've read from this board and Hooker's quality can be inconsistent and they build with a lot of particle boards rather than the real hardwood I want.

Anyway, I'd like to see if anyone can recommend a set with a distressed or antique ivory or white finish, similar to the Sable Creek. I am not so much into the regular white or cottage or beach style or colors. I have read here that many like Durham Furniture for their hardwood and quality and the price is right for me. I do like the Savile Row collection but it only comes in antique black finish or mahogany. Thank you soooo much in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hooker Furniture Sable Creek

Comment (1)