SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Handle placement/number for thermostatic shower with handheld?

artemis78
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm trying to get my head around valves and shower trim for a new shower. Would love to hear about/see examples of how others have chosen and placed the handles to make this as user-friendly as possible while not ending up with a chaotic shower wall.

Our goal is to have a thermostatic shower valve with a standard shower head and a diverter for a wall-mounted handheld. No tub faucet, and we don't need to run the shower head and handheld simultaneously.

Ideally, we would have three small stacked or side-by-side handles for this: one for temperature, one for volume, and one for the diverter. A button for the diverter would also work. Does this exist? We are mainly looking at Kohler and Grohe right now, though open to other brands. Both seem to offer ways to do this with two handles in various combinations, but I am not seeing a way to do three. (Grohe seems to have two small cross-handles in the Seabury line for volume and diverter, for instance, but I can't find one for temperature--only a larger integrated temp/volume control.)

Has anyone done this? If you found other solutions, what has worked well? How did you place your handles on the wall?

This is a new bathroom and the wall will be completely open, so we can run plumbing wherever we need to. We are trying to keep it simple but functional. Thanks!

Comments (2)