SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Do you suffer from neck pain, especially after sleeping?

Oakley
2 years ago

I'll try to make this short but I need to rewind to 15 years ago when I got the first crick in my neck. Very painful, could only move my head in one direction, took pain pills and muscle relaxers and for the most part it went away, but soreness continued off and on, no big deal.

A few months later while putting on a shirt I suddenly couldn't move my head in any direction. There was no pain while doing it either. I remember it was funny when the doctor asked me to move my head and I just kept staring straight at him, I couldn't move it! lol

Had an MRI and it was sprained. The neck recovered fully after a couple of months, until now. A few weeks ago I woke up with another crick in my neck, and now it won't go away.

I'm a side sleeper and because of asthma I sleep a little bit elevated, on several pillow. Firm at the bottom, soft in the middle and top. Perfect. Now I'm fighting the darn pillows and I'm tired of it.

I use side sleeper pillows but is there a particular way I can sleep without waking up to neck pain? Today when I moved it to the left it hurt pretty bad. It starts hurting after I brush my hair!

I'm afraid another sprain is heading my way. What to do?

Comments (26)