SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_725719105

Would love some input on my kitchen cabinets!

JR Feeler
2 years ago

Hello there, we purchased a lovely custom home and moved in July 2021. House was built in 2006. I was told the cabinets are very special burl wood from Africa. And I am trying to love them. But it has been a couple months and I don't. I prefer brighter kitchens but I don't have the budget now for a complete re-do (I need that budget for now for the master bath).

I have a very doable bid from a local cabinet painting pro to paint (lacquer-based paint) all of the associated cabinets, which may also help me enjoy the beautiful but not my preference granite countertops.

We've had other kitchen cabinets painted in previous homes (oak painted white) and for me it was a win). I know for some they don't like that the grain shows through, seams, etc.

I'm thinking of something like a Revere Pewter color for all the upper and lower cabinets, including those that cabinets flow into hallway area as well as the bookcase to left of fireplace.

and a darker paint color yet to be determined for the kitchen island.

The wall color in this whole space is on the list to be updated too (it is a blue-ish gray which isn't complementing the bamboo floors well). I used a creamy white in others areas of house and it is looking great.

The stone that surrounds the fireplace area is important to coordinate with.

Any insights are welcomed ~ thank you in advance.

Best,

Jill

Comments (90)