SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tami78_gw

Would love to get some input on floor plan

tami78
12 years ago

I've been reading here for awhile, dreaming of my dream kitchen. We bought our house last year and it's our dream house. It's a 1970's split level we bought from the original owner. The kitchen hasn't been updated since 1970 which means we've got the harvest gold going strong in the kitchen. (But cool turquoise bathrooms I kinda like!) The kitchen now is about 13x14 with a dinning room that's about 12x12. I would like to take out the wall between the kitchen and the dinning room and move the kitchen to the dinning room wall, kind of flipping everything.

A couple things about my family- we've a family of 4 with 2 young school age kids. I cook a lot and have a big extended family as well as a church family. We like to have get togethers where they may be as many as 40-50 people but normally it's just the 4 of us with bigger family dinners of 12ish every few months. I pretty much know the style I like (cottage, classic, comfortable- nothing fussy) but I'm having a hard time getting the floor plan. I dream of a banquette under one of the windows but want to be able to seat more people somehow.

The first picture is the whole first floor to give frame of reference. The second picture is just the kitchen & dinning room.

So any suggestions for me?

Comments (13)