SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennbpowers

Counter and cabinet choices with this cool wallpaper in bar area

Jenn Powers
2 years ago

Hi again to all you helpful and generous Houzzers.

We are redoing a small (6foot) alcove bar area in our dining room. We're considering using this awesome wallpaper and trying to figure out how to compiment it with counter and cabinet color. Above the counter, we'll have two reclaimed white oak shelves (with the wallpaper behind) that match the ones we just put in our kitchen. The kitchen is on the same level of our townhouse and is partially visible from the bar area. We don't want to "match" the two spaces but definitely want the kitchen and bar to feel like they belong in the same house. I want the bar to feel playful and interesting -- a little moody is ok but not too heavy. There is some indirect sunlight in this area from a big skylight nearby but no windows (it's the middle level of a townhouse).

The rest of the 3 story 70's Los Angeles townhouse has wide-plank white oak floors, Chantilly Lace walls and black fixtures.

We're considering F&B Off Black for the cabinets with maybe a lighter natural stone counter (zermatt quartzite?) but thinking maybe a darker counter (honed granite or maybe soapstone) with a lighter cabinet paint color would work better.

Houzz isn't allowing me to upload any more pics, but I'll put them in the comment. For reference, I'll attach photos of the adjacent galley kitchen, the space where the bar will be, and the other side of the dining room it will be in. We just moved back in after having floors done so it's a mess!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022