SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiewega

Greige colors... counter and backsplash choices

Katie DeRosia
7 years ago

Hi all. My walls throughout are SW Shoji White and trim is SW Agreeable Gray, making a slightly warm gray-beige-white palette with teal/aqua as my accent color throughout the house. We are redoing a huge kitchen (24 feet by 20 feet), and I totally love a white marble with veining (like Calacatta Gold). Like everyone else though, I know we can't do marble. No way, no how. In looking for alternatives, I can't find a natural stone or man-made marble substitute that I like. I then went looking for something with flecks of teal/aqua in it or with swirly veining that I like in marble. No real luck. We are also drawn to sea pearl and Taj mahal, but they tend to skew too warm and be much more green-olive than green-blue in tint. And the hubby hates the chunky look found in slabs like Alaska White, which rules out most granites that are primarily white. And the natural gray slabs look too cool/cold for our warm greige. And I can't find a good backsplash for Taj Mahal or Sea Pearl to save my life. (I don't like penny round or little square mosaic-type splashes. They'll be way too busy in a kitchen this size.) We plan on warm white cabinets or greige cabinets that match the trim. Floors will be Mannington Dockside in a herringbone pattern.

What counter stone would you use, and what backsplash would you pair with it? I like a little bling and want something elegant. I'm at a complete loss. The pics show current kitchen (the L perimeter, island, and desk/cabinet area), the Dockside floor color, and a picture of a dresser I painted in my wall and trim colors to give an idea of our color palate. Also are pics of some slabs we looked at with a greige cabinet sample held next to them.

I'd love advice! This is not my forte! lol

Comment (1)