SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_919690280

Window and door company installed wrong doors and won’t pass code!

Ron Lamparski
2 years ago

I live here in south Florida and ordered new hurricane windows and front doors gave 50% deposit in January 2021. i was told 12-16 weeks. I received a call early April saying windows were in but door were on back order. I had a 36x80 with 2 18inch glass side pannels. We ordered 2 36x80s . The installers showed up i let em in and had to make a quick run to pick up some chemicals for pool , gone 45 minutes. Get home and picture window was being installed cracked top to bottom left to right bottom to top opposite direction. i called company and they said they were aware it broke upon install, my ring dorbell showed different. They said theyd order a new glass i said no i want new window . They said owner and engineer would be out i contacted building inspector. As day went on they installed 2 bedroom windows with out low UV in master and a rain glass 8ftx3ft in secondary master a clear glass in bathroom and ”forgot “to order other window. Again no doors. inspectinspector came out with his engineering report and and flunked the intalation. 3 more months go by and windows show up and i get call from owner saying windows are in but i want payment prior to me showing up, i asked do you have doors? He sain no, i sail ill pay you balance minus price of doors i was quoted. They finally installed and i paid minus doors inspector came out twice during install and assured me windows were right except he hould clear permit till doors were installed correctly. 2 weeks later doors showed up, installers and new engineer came and i told engineer will be here 10 mins after job complete and ill pay balance. Well they installed wrong doors! they were 34x76s and they reframed my opening to make them fit! Florida code is 32 inch opening with door opened at 90 degree angle. it fluncked inspection , i didnt pay. He said itll be another 6 months for the right doors, i called another builder ordered correct doors myself, be here Sept 10 and told once door done he could come pick up his old wrong ones .Inspector transfered permit into my name. couldnt get return call from company till i posted a zero google review. Told him i want a zero balane invoice and he can have wrong doors when taken out . He wants to ”settle” for 1/2 of doors that are wrong PASS! What yall think?

Comments (8)