SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
getgoing100_7b_nj

Adenium heat damage?

I have been keeping my adenium in the sunniest warmest window (SE) and also bringing it outdoors for late sun exposure from west. It had been doing really well and putting out new leaves. We have had some really warm days lately and I had taken to drawing the window shade behind the plan in the window irrespective of weather the window was open or closed. I presumed it could take the heat and rather like it. The windows get no sun after noonish. But then one day I was away for the whole day and came to find a majority of the leaves on the lower leaves on adenium yellowing and falling off. I am guessing direct sun exposure in window in combination with drawn white cellular shade behind it made it too much of a hot house for the poor thing. I am keeping it largely away from sun for now. It's in a terracotta pot I only water it when the pot no longer feels damp even at the bottom. It has not needed any watering despite the heat exposure (I had just watered the previous day). The cauden and stem are firm and show no signs of rot. What's my best course of action. When do I start giving it full sun? I had checked the roots recently but before the incident and they were super healthy. Here are some pics but I have removed most of the yellow leaves.

Comments (11)