SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Pls help-timely! Can heat from range back damage marble b-splash?

Madeline616
12 years ago

In kind of a tizzy as I have to make this decision today.

Also posting this in kitchens...

I'm going from a plan to build extra deep 28" base cabinets in range area to standard 24" (for aesthetic reasons). I'll have a marble slab backsplash and 36" AG Wolf range with griddle.

With 28" cabinets, there was going to be a strip of marble countertop about 4" deep between the back of the range and the marble. So, there was never a concern about heat that escapes from the back of the range (where the small 1" high "island" trim is) somehow damaging the marble.

I'm actually not even sure if heat actually escapes from the back where the island trim is...maybe the only heat is from the burners and re island trim is actually a little barrier in itself?

Does anyone know if damage to the marble backsplash is a valid concern?

I can live with cleaning the marble of grease, etc., my concern would be cracking or other heat damage to the marble.

I'm not concerned about heat from the burners, just were (I think) heat is escaping from the oven at the back of the range.

I can always have the base cabs built at 25 or 26" to leave a little more space back there, but I'd rather go with 24, and have to decide today.

Many, many thanks!

Comments (11)