SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makeitbetter_gw

tough kitchen layout need your help pls!

makeitbetter
12 years ago

We are planning our kitchen remodel in this fall now but I'm having a headache putting the layout together. Below are some of the drawings KD put together - any suggestion is appreciated!

This is a long narrow kitchen and we can't expand the width (living/dinning room has vaulted ceilings but kitchen ceiling is 8') Also we just bought the monster 48'' subzero just last year so I have to keep it.

Areas I still have questions are:

1. Should I keep the short wall at the corner of the peninsula, or should I get rid of it, and make the counter top go all the way to the end? To the right of the counter top, about 1' away is a door to the laundry room.

2. if I make the change as #1 will it look better to have the wall cab at both sides of refrig 12 inch deep?

3. any suggestion on the placement of glass door wall cabs? 4. Anyone using Wolf 36 inch all gas range - did you make the hood cabinets 3 inch longer on each side (to 42 inch) like suggested by the range instruction? I think it looks too bulky but afraid the heat will damage the cab.

5. We like the look of decorative hood. However we do cook heavily. We are planning to get a ventilation hood with higher cfm but still wondering if the decorative will hood hold up to the cooking grease and smokes? (To my experience stainless steel is not the easiest to clean either, sigh)

6. Is a wall oven a must in any kitchen? I'll get a Wolf range with oven. I don't think I'll need it and currently planning to stay in this house for more than 10 years.

7. Wall cab besides the hood - they are not as symmetric as I'd like. Am I being too picky?

8. Base cabinets - drawers or pull out cabinets? Pros and cons for each? Which should be next to the cooking range?

Sorry to bomb you with all the questions - appreciate any thoughts from you all!

Layout

Birds Eye

Cooking Wall

Refrig Wall

Peninsula

Looking from patio door

Looking from dining room

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!