SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swentastic81

Back to the drawing board on garage addition

Swentastic Swenson
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Please see my previous thread for additional info: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6152937/seeking-garage-addition-advice

-You all had such good input on the first iteration of our garage addition. Met with the architect yesterday about eliminating the breezeway and butting the garage right up to the house. Got rid of the shed roof.

-By code we need to maintain a 36” main entry into the house. The little door on the left is only 24” and there’s no way to widen. I might consider getting rid of it entirely. I’m concerned with how dark that new entry hallway will be.

-we definitely need to convert existing one car garage into office. We run our business out of our home and just converted our office into another kids room.

-I’d like to peel some of the stone cladding off of the original garage and replace with siding to match addition. Hoping for other ideas on how to make it look nicer

Apologies for spelling and formatting - I’m one handing it in the dark nursery hoping to God the baby doesn’t wake up again.

Comments (5)