SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Many reasons to be AWOL from social media . . .

l pinkmountain
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Had no power for four days, no Internet for six, and my cell phone stopped working with T-Mobile's "new" cell phone towers but I couldn't get a new one because . . . no power or Internet for a couple of days in my town, due to bad windstorm. Could have been worse. I was in the middle of canning, had to move entire freezer, fridge and canning operation to my Dad's condo for a few days. Was planning an out of town trip for a wedding celebration, Dad went ahead of me, but the family had to cancel due to a death in the family so I had to go pick up Dad an hour and a half north of me. Then back again to our house with all the food and canning supplies. Lots of yard cleanup but we miraculously didn't lose any trees or big branches, despite houses on either side of us having damage . . . and we have 33 trees on our property! Then a bat got in the house during my last canning frenzy. I corralled him/her into the back bedroom and left the patio door open while I finished canning. I think s/he made her/his way out, hasn't appeared again . . . but who knows . . .

Comments (13)