SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_159673110

Hate my bathroom reno finishes

Cassie Mabe
2 years ago

The whole thing was a string of mistakes and now I don’t know if I can even redeem it or if it just needs to be gutted 😭 I knew when the penny tile went in that the sheet spacing was full of mistakes but was too timid to ask my contractor to rip it up. This was a professional tile install but for some reason the floor was not leveled which was their excuse for the poor result. Put a giant rug down to try and cover as much as possible. Our quartz countertop remnant was measured wrong and could only account for a 3” backsplash instead of the standard 4” at install. For some reason our plumber put in a beige tub we didn’t pick out and that wasn’t white like our subway tile. I tried to be creative with the contrast trim but it just accentuates the yellowness of our window grids. The vanity color is actually the color of the trim throughout the rest of our house - I think I need to flip the trim and vanity paint colors in here and put in a new larger tile that wont accentuate the floor unevenness. Rip off the vanity backsplash and maybe use our subway tile instead or should I add beadboard around the room and behind the vanity? Any other advice or is this a total gut?

Comments (15)