SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Can't Find A Coffee Table To Finish My Living Room

Helen
2 years ago

My designer and I have been looking for a coffee table so I can actually finish my remodel before I am carted off to that big furniture store in the sky 😁😇

Something not to big - i.e. about 4 to 5 long which rules out anything round or square. Some kind of organic shape would be nice if possible but a rectangle woul also be fine.

Nothing chrome or stainless steel as my finishes are wood and copper and patinaed brass.

Anything that is all glass or mostly glass and lucite would disappear and just not balance out the rest of the stuff.

Something that has a bit of substance but not too heavy - e.g. something with glass or mirror top which has substance but also isn't unduly heavy feeling.

I have no idea why coffee/cocktail tails are so difficult to locate - about 90% of them look the same.

Within reason price is no object and I can source anywhere through my designer.

The end table to the left of the sofa in the picture is exiting and I have an end table which I would buy but I don't want to until I have selected the coffee table to make sure they work together.

I will most probably get a nice upholstered bench for under the window to finish off the seating. I don't need a lot of seating for my entertainment needs and I don't want to clutter up the space.

This would work if the top weren't wood but a smoked mirror or other dark but not matte surface but the shape and size and configuration are good.

Here are pictures of my living room - the stuff under the windows will be gone as they are just waiting to be evicted 😃

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022