SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leboferr

Need help with colors and finishes for kitchen and pantry

leboferr
2 years ago

We moved into our home last year and have refreshed every room except the kitchen and pantry. We like light, bright spaces with accents of dark blues, grays and black. The house is traditional but we are slowly trying to add transitional yet classic refreshes.

Main kitchen: hubs really wants to paint the cabinets in addition to new backsplash and counters. We have a great cabinet painter to use that is known for his cabinetry painting.

Initially, we were going to do a soft shade of white (open to suggestions of white) but now I am second guessing myself because the rest of the house is pretty neutral and I think the kitchen can really serve as a pop. I need to add that we just finished the other rooms so I will be adding color via decorations and paintings eventually.

Questions- how would you refinish the kitchen? Colors, coubtertop, backsplash and any other suggestions?

Pantry- any suggestions?

Here is the current kitchen. Walls are Edgecomb gray. It is an open floor plan to the dining room and family room. All rooms are edgecomb gray.

The room to the left of the dining room is painted Wickam Gray

Opens to this

Once we decide on kitchen, we will redo/replace the buffet/shelving unit. Table is stained light gray and white legs

This was my initial inspiration and i still love it.

PANTRY- (sorry for the long post)

pantry is off the kitchen, to the right (when looking at kitchen). Cabinets have been ordered and include 3 uppers, 2 lowers and a wine fridge. The uppers will have mirrored inserts and possibly mullions.

On the right is floor to ceiling pantry all done in light charcoal.

i was thinking charcoal with copper accents like this?

Or a lighter counter top maybe with copper hardware and lighter backsplash

Lastly, you can see the pantry from the entry. the entry has Thibaut Vancouver wallpaper. Cabinet will be replaced once pantry is done. Thank you so much for your time!!

Comments (10)