SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zennifer

Layout and furniture help for open concept living room!

zennifer
2 years ago

What shall we do with this space for new sitting furniture that will work now AND when the lego tables are outgrown? It’s so “wrong” that I can’t even see what is right.

It is a sitting/living area open to the eating and kitchen areas. it is not large.

We do lounge in this space, and like to use spaces as we want to rather than how they are intended. :) We need at least one couch type space and one either chair and ottoman lounging space or loveseat.

We tend to like an eclectic mix that is generally simple in line, leaning towards arts and crafts and shaker style, but also MCM elements. We like classic over novelty.

The green chair is from my grandma and has a twin in another room. It can go with its twin, stay alone, or bring the twin here. It can be recovered.

I am currently refinishing an early MCM table for the eating area; it is smaller in visual look, but I haven’t decided what color. It’s maple, so staining walnut, leaving natural, or restraining the original cherry color are all being considered.

We both like this couch (in grey), but the matching loveseat is out of stock, and the matching chair doesn’t have an ottoman.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Carson-Carrington-Klaipeda-Mission-Style-Sofa/24338406/product.html?option=42732447

Lego tables are not optional, but not permanent. we have to figure out furniture that wirk now AND later!

Comments (56)