SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
narnia75

Close-up pics of Lerhyttan Grey poor quality finish.

narnia75
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi all! I wanted to share these pics for anyone considering this door and what my experience has been. I never could settle on an IKEA cabinet front because I didn't like the cream color of the Bobdyn and the Grimslov. The Bobdyn grey was too dark for our north-facing kitchen. So, when I recently discovered the lighter grey Lerhyttan, I thought, "This is it!!" and excitedly ordered 3 samples...door, large drawer front and and the narrow top drawer slab.

I expected the same quality finishes that I'd seen on the Bobdyns. I was very surprised...sadly disappointed!! The pieces look like they have barely been sanded with maybe one coat of paint on it...maybe two. The finish is dull and rough. The resolution on these pics after uploading isn't crisp enough to show the roughness, but it just looks like a DIY home paint job....like someone used a roller to paint their old cabinets...or some of the cheapest big box in-stock cabinets. I've never seen such poor quality finishing on a cabinet door in any of the big box stores.

In order to look like any kind of quality, they need to be sanded, wood glue placed in the tiny holes to smooth it and repainted....not something that we want to undertake. Looks like my search for doors is still on. May just have to go with the online door makers for IKEA.

Comments (6)