SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yuvalvv

New bamboo (seifrizii) palm - would love some advice

Yuval
2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just got this new bamboo palm and would love some advice on how to take a good care of it!

Some details:

* It's placed in a corner where it gets decent (?) balcony (filtered) light (mainly northern), 2nd picture is when all the lights in the room are off at 3pm. Seems adequate?

* I have no idea what soil it's in but it seems pretty light to the touch (compared to other "heavy" ones I got to feel). I have a cactus mix & perlite, but I don't think repotting & changing soil is needed? especially that I read palms don't like their roots messed with

* The soil is bone dry at the moment (used a kebab skewer all the way to the bottom). Should I give it a good watering (until water comes of of the draining holes) immediately? (it's in its nursery pot which has draining holes & is sitting on a saucer)

* Almost all (if not all) of the leaves are dusty as hell (to the point where after cleaning one you can see it gets much greener). Since dusting every leaf separately is not really an option, Is it ok to take it to the shower when I water it and give it a good "shower" to get the dust off? Other ideas?

And of course any other tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (8)