SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_44769973

New to plants, need help with my Bamboo palm!

User
6 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am new to the plant world and i have just got myself two plants. I am from Melbourne Australia.

One of the plants i have is a bamboo palm. I am a bit worried about it as its starting to not look that healthy (i think). Its started to drop a few leaves and go yellow on some. Here are some photos.

On the tag that came with the plant it gave some vague information on how to look after it but as i am new to all of this i am still clueless to a few things.

Firstly how much should i water it and how often?! i have read around and i cant seem to find a decent answer on this. I have read you can over love these type of plants and not to over water them, but how much is over watering? once a week, twice a week?

Secondly it was supposed to be inside my house but after i have moved a few things around it doesnt really fit where i wanted it to. Is its current position out side my place under a patio roof ok? Or could the weather be hurting it?

At the moment i have it in its original pot sitting in another pot, i would like to transfer it into the nicer pot but i have no idea how i should go about this.

And lastly i got some plant feeder from the nursery but again i have no idea how much and when i should be using this stuff. Here are some photos of what i got and the directions.

So going by that do i just measure the pot and put in the amount on the lable and do this every 6 months?

While i am here i could ask the same questions for my Palour palm in regards to watering and feeding. He looks like he is going pretty well though.

Apologies for the long post! I am pretty keen on learning how to look after my plants.

Also i think this post could go under the palms section but i thought i would start in here and see how it goes!

Any other information for newbie would be great aswell! If any more information or photos are needed just ask :)

Thank you very much for reading!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH