SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
briannenes

Exterior makeover help please!!

Brianne Nesbitt
2 years ago

Hi everyone. I need help with an exterior facelift and landscaping!

1. Directly in front of our house is a long brick planter. It is falling away from the house and needs to be removed, we have already pulled out all the plants. The space there for plants will stay. Should we build another container? Leave it at ground level? What kind of pls res should go here?
  2. Along the driveway there are also plants. They are overgrown and dated but we are leaving them until we have a plan as they act as a barrier. There is a retaining wall right behind them with a large drop. Should we had a short fence along the back and pls ya in front? Again, I need plant help and recommendations!
  3. The front windows and doors will be replaced- would love opinions on style/ colour.
  4. The landing also needs to be redone. The previous owners put a stucco type product over the cracked tiles and it is deteriorating.

Basically I am open to any input. We are near the ocean so we do not want the upkeep of painting the brick, even though I would love it. I am not a fan of the red roof either but it is newer and is not in the budget to be replaced.

I have included an Ariel from google. It is very old but you can see the odd shape of the plant area beside the driveway and what the house originally looked like.

Thank you for any help!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths