SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larinalexis

Exterior Makeover Help Please

L G
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some input on the exterior design and colors of my house. Currently, it is painted medium grey on cedar siding with some red brick accents. The roof is also a medium grey. I find it too dark. We installed new black windows and want to leave the brick natural. I like the look of natural cedar with the black windows, but keeping in mind care, I would prefer to keep the natural cedar to a minimum and easy to access for resealing. I am leaning towards a white hardie siding for the other materials. A dark but vibrant blue may also work.

I have included a pic of the house as is now, plus some ideas from Benjamin Moore's Personal Color Viewer (cool tool!). Keep in mind the orangy/brown is supposed to be the natural cedar. The 2nd pic is of our back deck with the cedar siding and black windows - pic taken in the evening in shade. I want to work with the architecture of the house, not going too modern or away from what it is. All the trim in the mock-ups is black.

I would greatly appreciate feedback or any other suggestions. Thanks so much everyone!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!