SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

I’m confused about wool rugs

EvaElizabeth
2 years ago

I swear I posted about this years ago but maybe I just read threads about it then and I’m having the same problem. I’m really confused so I’m overthinking, which means this is long. I purchased my first wool rug for my mudroom back then and I have been really happy with it but I want to upgrade a little for my family room. What I like about the wool rug is that it’s squishy to walk and even lay on, although it’s a bit scratchy. I hate how much it sheds, and I’m learning it’s partly quality (it was a bargain) but also shedding comes from being tufted? I have specifically been avoiding woven rugs unless they appear knit because I had a flat woven wool blend rug years ago that was very thin and rough. Should I be looking for a particular type of wool that has a softer hand feel? Is there a type of tufted rug that will last longer? I’m ready to invest but to me that still means a lot of what I’m finding is out of my price range, so please let me know what my priorities should be!

I’m also having a hard time because without being able to touch the rug, I don’t dare buy something from a big online only retailer. I was able to handle a Surya wool rug so I have looked at them, but I read they are comparable to Safavieh and are good but not great. I have Dash and Albert rugs I love but they aren’t wool. I looked there but they are a stretch for my price range I can only do if it’s a competitive price for the quality. I can afford to buy one expensive rug for my main living area if it lasts, I can’t afford to replace it in a year.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County