SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nycbluedevil_gw

3500 vs 4000 LED lights—need to decide today!

nycbluedevil_gw
2 years ago

Hi

I am in the process of renovating and the can lights get installed today. I am torn between 3500 and 4000. I know that the recommendation here is 4000.

Here are my facts. My cabinetry will be light stained perimeter base cabinets, darker stained island and white uppers (only one wall of uppers). The attached photo shows my cabinet samples. Floors are a taupe gray porcelain. Counters will be Taj Mahal.

The 10 foot island will have the Pottery Barn Flynn pendants, which are clear glass. I will want to use Edison bulbs. The island lighting is not really task lighting and are more for ambiance. I will have lots of can lights, which is the subject of my question.

My under cabinet lights will be 4000K. They are already ordered and will arrive with the cabinets next week.

The kitchen is totally open plan to living room. The colors in the living room are not cool, but not warm either. The dining room is adjacent to the other opening to the kitchen and the color palette in there is decidedly warm.

I had my mind set on 4000K LEDs for the cans. The electrician brought 3500s with him today. They did look pretty neutral. The question is whether to insist on the 4000s, or whether to go with the 3500s, given that the Edison bulbs will likely not be above 3200K.

Comments (7)