SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Temperature of LED Bulbs

bbstx
4 years ago

Can someone help me choose the best temperature for LED lighting? Somewhere I got it in my head that 2700K was equivalent to most incandescent bulbs and that was desirable. But, on another thread in a different section of the forums where I was asking for color suggestions for DDs new house, a “PRO” suggested that all of the lighting in the house be changed to 4000K.

I found this chart in one of Lars’ ideabooks (Can someone please tag Lars? I can’t seem to do it)

Assuming this chart is accurate, wouldn’t 4000k be too blue for kitchen lighting? The chart suggests 3500K for kitchens.

I have a 5600K bulb in a can over my sink. It is a very cold white. I bought it and installed it in a pique of frustration with not having enough light over my sink. I would not want a whole room of 5600K light. I keep mine turned off except when I’m working at the sink.

I understand the concept of light temperature, but I do not have enough experience to know which temperature of light would be best. Suggestions? Experiences? Anecdotes?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH