SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Easy wine snacks to pull out of the fridge and pantry . . . ?

l pinkmountain
2 years ago

So I'm experimenting with wine snacks for my planned gift bags and so far I've not really loved anything. Last night I did cream cheese with wine/shallot jelly and almonds on a triscuit. It has such a strong flavor of vinegar and sugar that was all that came though, and all that acid was not all that much fun to eat, particularly with wine. I think that's why I quit making the pepper jellies and the like, I just didn't care for them that much due to the acidity and sugar drowning out the other flavors.

On the flip side, I used to make little jars of pickled peppers which I did like on top of cream cheese on a cracker. Another guilty pleasure I like is smoked oysters, with cheddar cheese and almonds.

I did a dab of cranberry strawberry jam, the cream cheese didn't go too well with that, not enough counter taste. It would probably be good with a brie or blue or other sharp cheese. And I tried a fresh marinated cucumber pickle with fennel, corriander and other mixed spices, that was good, better than the jelly but still very sweet and acid. I like thin sliced prosciutto but it isn't common around here. Mixed nuts always good. Salamis give me heartburn.

Hummus and spinach artichoke dip are my "go tos" and I'm trying to branch out. Wine pairings welcome too.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!