SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuesday_carter

pinocchio, who knew?

Last evening we watched Pinocchio with Roberto Begnini. What a stunninly beautiful movie! He played the part of Gepetto.

It was filmed in Tuscany and both the filiming and the characters were supurb!

This movie was made in the last couple of years and I see that Begnini made another version in 2002 where he played the part of Pinocchio.

I highly recommend this movie to all who love beautiful movies.

This is not really a kids movie. It is more of an art film, for sure. I think that children will like it if they will give it a chance, but I would not judge it to be one that you could set the kids down in front of and leave them be, unless you have kids who are accustomed to involved things and can settle down quietly for a while.

We had wanted our 9 year old grandson to watch it with us, but he was attracted to teh more mundane fare. We have watched several very good films with him in the past, but he is older now and is much more enveloped in his modern pop culture stuff, unfortunately. I know that he would really like it if he gave it a chance.

Pinocchio looks so very much like our grandson and even acts like him.

It was beautifully filmed in Tuscany. Even though I am not, generally, a fan of fantasy movies I have to say that is one of the most wonderful and beautiful movies that I have seen in a long time.

We watched on Prime.

I highly recommed it and just wanted to share.

Pinocchio? Who knew? Just WOW!

Comments (12)