SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_1000195634922619955

BlueStar questions - range dishwasher and fridge

CAT R
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It seems like I was just asking questions, but we sold our beautiful renovated home, and have moved to Atlanta. Been here, 6 months, and am getting ready to gut the kitchen and renovate - naturally! We have had Bluestar in our last 2 homes, RNB 36" range in the last one, and loved it! In the kitchen, had a 36" cobalt blue RNB range, all burners, Meile dishwasher, Bosch 36' counterdepth fridge, Faber hood and sharp microwave drawer. We wound up being there less than 2 years after the renovation was complete, had no issues with any of appliances, but since we were ther for less than 2 years, can't say if the appliances were good in the long run.

I have found a floor model 48" platinium with a BS pro hood (1200 CFM blower). The range is 4 years old, used for cooking demo's. I was perfectly happy with the 36" RNB, but the like the thought of having a dedicated griddle. It is RED. Have not seen it in person, but apparently very RED! I could design around the color, but wondering if this is a good purchase, approximately 30% off a 4 year old Platinum range and range hood used for cooking demo's. Any thoughts?

How are BlueStar refrigerators, hoods and dishwashers?

I planned on getting a Meile DW again, but have read and have been told by dealers that there are issues. Has something changed with the product, or did I just not have enough experience with the Meile? I am leaning towards Asko. My project is 6 months out, and it is doubtful we could get a Bosch in time. Any other suggestions?

I have read that Bosch has outsourced their refrigerator manufacturing to either Turkey or China? Is this new news, or was my 2018 produced there? I was very happy with the fridge, and if there has been no change, would purchase again.

I would not get the same Faber hood again. I think I made the wrong choice for my application. It was difficult to clean without scratching the exterior, the baffles were difficult to remove, and did not capture as much HOGS as I wanted.

Really on the fence on the microwave. Considering putting a Walmart special in the pantry for $80 rather than $1200 for a microwave drawer. We use it less than once a day, but hate to give up the pantry space.

Any new news in appliances I should consider or suggestions folks have?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (7)