SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_253110808

Bottom row of ceramic tiles turning gray?

HU-253110808
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We just remodeled this shower because of a leaking shower pan. We paid a company who took out shower pan, replaced with concrete floor, and all new tiles. There was a modification the contractor made that made the shower floor too small, (a ledge/shelf) so had him remove. he mentioned he might need to redo the entire floor. However, he did not. He used some other material instead and promised us it was even better (picture attached). He also told us the grout does not need to be sealed after he finished. Both of these things had me concerned, but I dont know anything about this subject so I didn’t argue. Now after 2 weeks of showers, the bottom row of tiles is gray instead of white, and the porcelain floor is also looking darker to me. Contractor came to look, said the grout looked fine, and the tiles were a different color when he installed which is completely untrue, I have photos right after installation. I inspected the grout myself and found several hairline cracks, and sent them to the foreman. Now they are going to try to help fix the problem, say they will remove floor tiles and dry out, replace floor, but I’m not sure I trust their judgement anymore, and I’m wondering what you all think?? Do you think this is a faulty geout problem or could it also be a problem bc the contractor used a differwnt material instead of redoing the entire floor? I’m questioning everything now.... HELP??!

Comments (4)