SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday Brain Game!-----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

You guys are really getting good at these! I think I'll throw a bonus in as they're typically harder :-)

Comments (75)

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Whoop - got C1 now, thanks roxsol 😊

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I'm not having any luck with the bonus, either. The clues are Greek to me. And I'll bet that when Jasdip posts the answers I will be slapping myself on the forehead and shaking my head, wondering why I hadn't figured it out.

Rusty

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Think I have them all. Maybe. Agree with pronunciation comments regarding D2.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Got them all but C1 ..I got the last part of it but not the first.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I finally got the bonus - it just suddenly came to me.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

@Lars - me too! Thought I’d give it one last look before going to sleep and it hit me - yay!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Lily, the first part of C1, it’s not hard. 😉

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I still dont have the bonus either….even after sleeping on it.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

@OutsidePlaying -- it can also be applied to court decisions.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

All I see when I look at the bonus is BS, however I guess that can also be applied to court decisions.

• User
    2 years ago

Lol, blfenton.

Think of a car gear.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Hmmmmmm, that just might be the hint that got it for me, Roxol, thanks! !

Rusty

ETA: Make up wasn't a clue, but maybe the mirror was?

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

(well....I was going to say 'or vasectomies', but decided court decisions was more appropriate - ha!)

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Letters.......or tubal ligations. After my surgery my dr told me he made it that way. I told him didn't need to bother.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Funny, jasdip, I was gonna add vasectomies to the list earlier but thought the better of it!

ETA and funnier, I just wrote that before reading letters’ post! I was wondering how letters would be __________ ! I often get confused when that user name is shortened!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm bad for using short-forms. Maybe I'll try A-Z. Sorry FOAS, I didn't think of how the word letters could be a hint. LOLOL

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I think I may have the bonus now - the answer is a single word?

• Lars
    2 years ago

My hint for the bonus was to think of a certain type of Google search.

Carol, the bonus is a single word, but for me, it is a compound of three words. It almost works with two words, but that would leave out a syllable, which I think is just wrong.

• lily316
    2 years ago

For C1 all I see is ee e over eyes which make no sense

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Lily, you're close, group the e's. Two e's then one e. Say it out loud.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“I didn't think of how the word letters could be a hint.”

A, H, I, M, O, T, U, V, W, X and Y are!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Oh gosh, I think i finally got the bonus, but i guess you kinda have to distort the pronunciation quite a bit for the answer!

• matthias_lang
    2 years ago

"A, H, I, M, O, T, U, V, W, X and Y are!"

Yes, but only when printed. In cursive, at least in my style of cursive none of them are __________. And if I print in those lower case, only o, t, u, v, and x are __________. That is, in my style of print writing.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Cursive? What’s that?

(Took my son to get his learner’s permit earlier in Spring. He had to sign his name a couple times. It was amusing to watch.)

• User
    2 years ago

Cursive? What’s that?

@%##$%@#

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Lars
    2 years ago

I've been interested in calligraphy since I was a child, and I can write cursive in German handwriting and Cyrillic (Russian). The German is the most difficult to read, but it's also the easiest to write. My great-grandfather wrote letters in this style, and I have copies of them, which I was able to translate, for the most part. His handwriting wasn't really that good, and you have to have a good idea of what he was trying to say in order to read it. Eventually, I figured most of it out, as he was negotiation sales of land he owned in Germany. That topic is not something I know much about, and that is what made it difficult for me. It would have been much easier if they had been love letters.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Scroll down in case others want to keep guessing.

Line up single file

Dionne Warwick

Right down the middle

Blank check

Calm before the storm

Get used to it

Easy on the eyes

Essay question

Lonely at the top

Joined at the hip

Accentuate the positive

Mother in law

AND

Reversible

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I never looked back at the easy ones after first glance and now I’m not 100% sure if I got A3. I might have thought downright.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I thought A3 was 'downright' .

• User
    2 years ago

I thought A3 was 'downright' .

Ditto

• bpath
    2 years ago

Ditto. It works.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Ditto for A3.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Believe it or not, I got them all right! ! ! Yay! ! I even had A3 right! And it's thanks to Roxol and her 'car gear' clue that I finally got the bonus. That was fun, thanks, jasdip!

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Yep, Jasdip. Thanks!

Lol…..Saaaay what??? (C2)

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Lol…..Saaaay what??? (C2)

How I saw it also.

Also missed C1 and the bonus. I've got rodeo on my mind. LOL

• lily316
    2 years ago

I missed the bonus and still don't get it and I never got 'easy on the eyes. ' Still don't get the sound. For C2 I had "say what?" I got A3 immediately. It's funny what we see and don't see. Someone explain the bonus question to me.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

I don't understand the bonus. how could you get reversable?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

E’s E on the I’s

Reverse-bull

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

As a golfer, ”right down the middle” is what popped in my mind first since it’s what I strive for on every hole. Nothing else even occurred to me, but i can see now how ”downright” might have been others’ first thought.

Thanks, Jasdip - fun as usual!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Got 'em all!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

FOAS I was looking for the one that you thought had a long answer and I disagreed. I believe it was C2. You deleted your comment. What answer were you thinking of?

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip, it was C2. I thought it was a good clue. I think FOAS meant rather than a short answer he was hinting it was

an ”essay question.”

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

It was car gear that got the bonus for me. The other clues didn't do it for some reason.

But you still have to take a little liberty with ’Reverse-a-bull’ = reversible.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Jasdip - I didn’t delete anything; if you’re on mobile you may need to click ”see more comments.” Anyway Roxsol had it right, it was a play on words.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oh, I just noticed that there's a small "load 20 more comments" at the top. There it is.

hah I didn't think of it being another clue.

From now on I'm keeping my mouth shut, you guys are way too clever!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

For C3 I had downright as well and I never got the bonus. I went through the car gears and got reverse but never followed through with that to get revers-a-bull.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I did not get the bonus even after the excellent clue. I even worked through the gears but reverse bull did not ring a bell for me. Got the rest.

• lily316
    2 years ago

My problem was I saw the "e"s OVER the eyes.

• amicus
    2 years ago

I got all the 'correct' answers except the bonus one and A3, as I put 'upright' which would also be accurate.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH