SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Main dish with fresh green beans for grieving family . . .

l pinkmountain
2 years ago

One of my best friends just lost her brother to a degenerative disease. He was only 62 although he had been sick for many years. Like a brother to me. I want to bring some food to the house that will be easy to eat and we have garden fresh green beans.

One thought was that green bean casserole except made with a real white sauce. I'm wondering if folks maybe will not like real mushrooms in it though. I thought most people liked mushrooms but I guess not. My Dad doesn't but he's super picky. So green bean casserole with a cheese sauce and crumb topping kind of seems . . . meh. I wonder if a little bacon or ham might be a good addition. Never made it before . . . seems kind of a waste of good green beans.

Another would be three bean salad. Not everyone likes that either though . . .

Maybe a green bean noodle casserole with a white cheese sauce . . .

Green beans almondine is a favorite of ours but it a little plain for a main dish. I could also make that Greek style potato salad with redskins and green beans. Wondering if that would be too out of the box. I love it. What's not to like, potatoes and green beans. But it has a vinegar and oil dressing and I know folks around here don't like "foreign" types of foods . . . sigh.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!