SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_629047648

What to do now? Baseboards and Shoe Molding Issues

Dawn Lewis
2 years ago

We hired a local company to install new LVP on our first floor (just under 1000 sq ft) and a new staircase. The owner’s crew came in for tear out and the owner was here the next two days. He came with multiple referrals and 18 yrs experience. The LVP floors and stairs came out great! The baseboards and shoe molding look like they were done with a butter knife. I emailed him within a few days of the job and he responded back the next day he’s extremely busy and will look at his schedule and get back to me. In caps he wrote, IT WILL ALL GET FIXED. He said most issues with be fixed with caulking and paint - I disagree. After 3 weeks, I emailed for follow up - nothing. Over a month now and still nothing. This was our first major home improvement and I paid him in full - my fault lesson learned.

Most of the baseboards do not come to a clean cut in the corners/jagged, shoe molding was cut with shears and not a miter saw, shoe molding has no returns/caps on them, shoe molding around my island was just cut off at the ends and not at a 45 degree angle, cracked baseboards,

etc. I don’t believe what we are asking for is unreasonable.

Not sure what to do at this point . . keep emailing? certified letter? I’m not the type of person to rock the boat and just want what we paid for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks!

Comments (9)