SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
su3naluvjakey

Help needed immediately (trim and wall colors)!

su3naluvjakey
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We recently purchased a 1925 Tudor home. It was updated through out the years and in relatively good condition. I am not a big fan of the wood trims & beans on the ceiling but they are original. Many (including my husband) suggested we keep them.

Here are the issues. Some of the windows in the house are new (real wood) while others are not (painted white windows). The house has a lot of characters, but it's a small house with too many colors already (we haven't even moved it yet). There are three rooms that have the ceiling wood beans. The rest don't. I am thinking to leave the beans in the kitchen and family breakfast room because the built in cabinets are connected to them (to the right of the picture you can see the cabinets).

The living room, however, is more of a space on its own. The windows and ceilings and trims all have different wood colors, and the previous owner added a new fireplace. It's beautiful, but the color and tone has nothing to do with this room. I am thinking to leave the inside of the all the new windows in it's original colors (there are 4 in the room, but the picture only shows 2), but paint all the crown molding, beans, and floor trims off-white and complete the room with a wall color that will go well with the fireplace. What are your thoughts?

We already started skimming the walls in the house but we will have to make decisions about the rest very soon. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Comments (15)