SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyannie

kitchen table dilemma- please help me!

artsyannie
2 years ago

I have a breakfast space 8’ x 10’. I’ve been looking almost 2 years to find a small dining set & undecided what to get . I’m
So desperate I’m getting to not care about style. The only style I don’t want is mid century pedestal. The kitchen style is very uu traditional - It was built around 2000. Pretty maple cabinets, medium hard oak flooring. The counters are dark browns, gray, black manufactured stone ? In the breakfast spot there is a fixed ( attached to the wall) sideboard in rubbed black- very traditional or almost colonial style. Walls above chair rail are off white & below a light cool gray. Those won’t be changed. All trim & plantation shutters are white. There is a lot going on as far as materials. Anyway, I want to put any shape table & chairs. Small sets seem to be made cheaply. I think its assumed they are for apartments etc. My size limit is 36”x 48” & the 48” is pushing it. Any suggestions? The area is mainly fairly dark. The shutters will remain knowing my husband won’t deal with patching etc. I have been hoping for a white dining set to brighten the space and go with the trim. Glass top will open the space but is out as it always shows fingerprints. I’m not opposed to mixing styles. I’m showing a table & stools I saw just today that I love but unsure if it may look strange.

Comments (24)