SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texmax13

Planting during summer in Las Vegas

texmax13
2 years ago

Hi! I recently received a HOA violation for a plant that died in my front yard, so I would like to take this opportunity to have the landscaping redone. I’d like to add gold barrel cacti, blue glow agave and twin flower agave (unless someone knows of a similar looking yucca). Is it a bad idea to plant in this heat? Would it be better to try to get an extension with my homeowners association for the fall?

Also looking for a small/medium tree recommendation that will look good between the two Lemon Bottlebrush trees along my back wall. The landscaper suggested a Bottle Tree, but I read they are unsafe for my desert tortoise. I would prefer something that gets taller than the lemon bottle brush trees, but not necessarily wider. I also prefer single trunk trees and I would like it to be an evergreen. Worst case, would it look bad to have 3 lemon bottle brush trees in a row?

I need all the help I can get in terms of landscaping. I unfortunately didn’t inherit my moms green thumb. Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)