SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniebrownhair

What do you think of our kitchen plan? (About to sign off on design)

bonniebrownhair
2 years ago

We are in the final stages of our kitchen cabinet design plan. Here are the final drawings. What do you think? Any changes I should consider before signing off on the plans?

This is a galley kitchen. The door to the garage is to the left of the sink area, and we have our eating area to the right. This is the part of the kitchen you see when walking into the room. I'm planning to store small appliances on the pull-outs to the right of the dishwasher. The glass-front cabinets will hold all our everyday dishes, glasses, serving ware, and likely salad/mixing bowls. (Any "kid"/plastic stuff will be in the bank of four lower drawers on the far right.)

Here is the other side of the kitchen. I'm planning to put pots and pans to the right of the range and baking ware to the left of the range. I don't really have a space for baking sheets and cutting boards, and that concerns me a little bit. This part of the kitchen is only visible if you're standing in it, so we opted for a microwave hood instead of decorative hood to save space.

The one thing I'm still debating is the trash bin slide-out to the left of the sink. It's an unnecessarily wide cabinet for a trash slide-out, so I feel like it's wasted space, but I can't think of a better spot to put a trash bin. I am thinking of having them make the trash slide-out drawer less tall (more square) so they could add a drawer above it, but would that look weird?

Should I ask if we can reduce the width of the trash slide-out and add a very narrow baking sheet cabinet between the trash cabinet and wall? I know that's an odd space for it, but maybe it's better than nothing at all.

We do have a separate pantry (small-closet sized) that is not shown here because it's in a different part of the kitchen.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Comments (8)