SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

"Throwing good money after bad"; outdoor decor

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We bought our beach house in 2013, and reno was done by summer 2014. When we went to buy outdoor furniture for the verandah, pickings were slim. I've never liked our verandah furniture, but there is a lot of it and it has held up well and it is comfy.

The cushions on the dining set are aqua, but the only cushions I could get for the main seating area are ... lime. I had an extra Dash and Albert striped rug in a taupe/white colorway, and bought taupe and white pillows to tone down the lime.

Fast forward 7 years. I'd like to replace the cushions (tho they don't truly need it, I can justify it). However, there is such a backlog it won't happen soon. The rug, more importantly, really needs to be cleaned. I scrubbed it last year and one spot just won't budge. Id get the same one again, but D&A is backlogged too.

I found a rug I think is fine for $50, but it is sort of a French blue and off white, which goes with nothing really.But, it will have to do for now. I was hoping to find some outdoor pillows to make the rug seem more intentional -- ie a print that marries lime, French blue and off white. OTOH, maybe I can get away with just using something blue.

Here are some mockups. I have a fave. And some I actively dislike but would work. WDYT?

Comments (38)