SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game. A biggie----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This one should keep you all busy! 25 puzzles.

Comments (80)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

@Rusty - thank you - got it! Got them all now!

• bpath
    2 years ago

AHA! Got "pas"! Whew!

• maggie200
    2 years ago

@bpath you have pas? can you give a hint? i'm stuck on gesg too.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

@maggie200 -- I tried to be subtle in my earlier message to bpath when I said I dropped the ball....I guess I didn't finish throwing the hint by saying it was a clue.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

and for gesg, un-shuffle the letters to get a word - that should do it.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Maggie, you haven't finished the puzzle, right? Kind of like the one you haven't gotten yet.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Finally - got pas, I think,

• maggie200
    2 years ago

@bpath and @lettersatoz thanks for the hints. i'm still workin on these two. 😢

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I see now, thanks to Rusty, that the 'o's under the 'I's are not letters, but shapes.

And finally got 'pas' too. Thanks for the clues all!

The only one I still am unsure of is that 'your/rest' thing.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Yeah, I think the."rest" one is backwards. Although, it could be a matter of punctuation. Imagine a period after Your, and comma in the rest of the answer.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

Remember passing notes in class when you were a kid? déjà vu all over again.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The image for the 'rest' one is all wrong. The image and grammar is wrong. He/she really missed the ball on this one. Go with your gut, whether you think it's wrong or not.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

Can someone sneak me a note for pas? i fear i'm never going to get it.

• User
    2 years ago

Can someone sneak me a note for pas? i fear i'm never going to get it.

Maggie, I hate it when a ball hits the ground before I can catch it.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

For 'pas' think of a word that you could make by adding another letter, and then describe the situation.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I just got back from town exhausted, looked these over and I think I have them all now.

• lily316
    2 years ago

how does gesg make a word no matter how it's arranged?

• maggie200
    2 years ago

Lily think breakfast.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

I'll chill the wine!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

@lily316 - it's plural

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Ok I scrolled up and saw the hint for pas and got it. Then looked at the remaining couple and they came to me, too. I think I’m set!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

If your/rest is backwards then I think I have it. So I'm finished.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh i just realized mine only works ifit’s backwards, too.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

Jasdip, I’m ready when you are

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here you go! Break out the wine and cheese! I'm sure you all did great.

Man overboard

I understand

Reading between the lines

Mind over matter

Backward glance

Touchdown

Life after death

Going on a diet

Tricycle

Banana split

Lazy afternoon

Road crossing

Incomplete pass

Jack in the box

Double cross

Excuse me

Tuna fish

Long time no see

Your under arrest.....incorrect placement and grammar

Big deal

Scrambled eggs

Circles under the eyes

Foreclose

Six feet underground

• maggie200
    2 years ago

Okaay……Never would I ever have completed pas. How smart you all are.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I didnt get Tuna Fish. I have never said that expression because it is redundant. A tuna is a fish, so we always just said Tuna.

And whoever said there was a comma in ‘You’re under arrest’ must have really confused some people. i had trouble with pas until someone gave clues regarding football and then it became clear.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I did not get Jack in the box.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Outside, i was trying to figure out what the puzzlemaker was thinking, maybe along these lines:

Your.

Under, a Rest

or

Under: a Rest

So the second line implies that under You is ”A Rest”.

But that was working too hard for a bad result.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

@blfenton, when unscrambled it will spell jack in the box❗️

• lily316
    2 years ago

I had crossroads for 13 and missed a few others too. I like it better when there are fewer puzzles. It gets confusing going back and forth.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

I’d say ‘tune a fish’, not ‘two na fish’, so I didn't get that. And I'm going to count ’crossroads’ and ’short pass’ as correct, since those work and make sense to me. The given answers mean nothing in my language. 😉

• bpath
    2 years ago

Crossroads is a better answer.

Don't tune a fish, two na fish, and tuna fish sound alike in a sentence? They do to me.

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I think floral means ’tuna’ can be pronounced ’toona’ or ’tyoona’.

Just like ’dew’ can be pronounced ’doo’ or ’dyoo’.

(yod dropping)

Jasdip, thanks for the puzzles! They’re always fun 😀

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

when told the position was wrong, i came up wirh you’re undressed

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I like the smaller puzzles. I think 6 is a good number to solve. I don't know if I can split the image in smaller pieces. I'm not computer savvy.

I have 2 more this size.

If someone wants to experiment with this one and tell me what to do, I can try it for a future one. In the meantime, I still have a few smaller puzzles to post.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, hahahaha!

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Yes. Tune doesn't sound like toon in my version of the language. I notice this when some people on these firums write ‘do‘ instead of ‘due’ in some expressions. Eg ‘it’s do to’ .... Obviously the two sound the same to those writers and they haven't thought about the different meanings.

• User
    2 years ago

Yes. Tune doesn't sound like toon in my version of the language. I notice this when some people on these firums write ‘do‘ instead of ‘due’ in some expressions. Eg ‘it’s do to’ .... Obviously the two sound the same to those writers and they haven't thought about the different meanings.

Lol, floral! Is that how you pronounce ‘forum’ ?

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. I think quite often spelling can just be a mistype, or I suppose if one does it over and over it could be what you say. Either way, the puzzles are fun and one just has to remember the origin and there will always be a discrepency in how words are pronounced.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Of course! Don’t you? 😉

• User
    2 years ago

floral, I’m Canadian. We swing both ways. British English and American English. We’re easy, eh?

• whistle_b
    2 years ago

Thanks for the puzzles, Jasdip! I too, prefer a fewer number, but sorry I can't help you.

The misuse of your and you're just about sends me over the edge! LOL And to my ear they don't even sound alike! Your is a long o and you're is a long u.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I don’t have an issue with the grammar, this is a puzzle after all. I’d have been just fine had the first one been

man

bored

Whistle, I’m curious what part of the country pronounces your like that. Am I correct it’s more like yore?

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I've got mixed emotions about puzzle size. So whatever you chose, Jasdip, is fine with me. I

enjoy doing them and very much appreciate you for doing them.

I noticed that in the answer list, the one between 'Going on a diet' and 'Tricycle' is missing, I'm assuming 'Split level' is a correct answer?

All in all, I think I did pretty good, I got most of them right. I had 'cross roads' instead of 'road crossing', and 'Dark circles under the eyes', (not sure why, they are the same in the puzzle), and 'Square deal' instead of 'Big deal'. 'You're under arrest' was the first thing that hit my mind when I looked at that one, but I kept telling myself that was wrong because it really didn't fit. Do you suppose they did that on purpose to confuse people?

On second thought, maybe the larger puzzles aren't such a good idea after all, I spend way too much time on them! :^) Yet most of these were pretty easy.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

It’s easier to discuss the smaller puzzles but I wouldnt overthink it. Large is fine if that’s what youve got!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Rusty, Yes Split level is the correct answer, I'm sorry for missing it in the answers.

That was one that I'd posted before, as well; but I couldn't delete it from this group.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I'm fine with however the puzzles come and whatever is easiest for you, Jasdip.

I enjoy doing them and what I particularly like is the camaraderie amongst everyone is helping with hints and the fun comments. It's really fun.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Jasdip no problem, I can see where it would be pretty easy to miss one.

"I enjoy doing them and what I particularly like is the camaraderie amongst everyone is helping with hints and the fun comments. It's really fun."

I agree, 100%! ! ! !

Rusty

• whistle_b
    2 years ago

FOAS, yep, yore! I am in central VA and I'm a country girl!

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    2 years ago

If you're bored and willing to install ImageMagick and run a script, This dissects the 5x5 into 25 single puzzles and assembles them back into 4 puzzles of 6 and a bonus.

I like the puzzles either way. I just took automating a solution as a challenge. (I'm pretty good at scripting in Linux but suck at it in Windows)

Starting with the original 5x5 in OP, these are the results:

and

and

and

and the bonus (since 25 isn't divisible by 6)

It would take me forever to crop, copy, cut, paste, whatever. in Gimp or Photoshop but this, once written, is essentially instantaneous.

Houzz isn't letting me paste anything so, the script, as an image: