GET IDEAS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
anniedeighnaugh

Need thoughts and prayers

DH is in the ICU with serious bleeding and the procedure he needs may e nd him up on dialysis I cant go into det now but any good wishes and prayers would be most appre Having all my GW buds pulling for him couldnt hurt Thank you all so much!

Comments (283)

• lindaohnowga
    last month

So happy and thankful to see your latest update that your hubby is now in a regular room and may get to come home tonight or tomorrow. Prayers continue that he does get to come home and I hope you both can then relax.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked lindaohnowga
  • lily316
    last month

No place like home to recover. Good news.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked lily316
  • Related Discussions

Need thoughts and prayers please

Q

Comments (28)
    Sending good thoughts and hopes that he can learn to manage his illness, with help. It wil be a relief to you to have him at home. I hope that you will give him his space ... he's an adult and needs to learn to manage his own life more effectively. Mother - don't smother. I hope that he can work his way through his depression - it certainly is a difficult illness. (((((BigAck, son and family))))) ole joyful
    ...See More

Marilyn needs thoughts and/or prayers

Q

Comments (58)
    Janie, no, no babies. There is a little donkey there that doesn't look very good, but he is about two months old, and so he will probably live, since he has lasted that long. I don't think his mother has much milk, but we wouldn't be able to get him to nurse this jenny, and, too, I am sure his mama loves him. I wouldn't want to stress her by taking her baby away. However, I have taken another donkey from the pasture...or, rather, she took it on herself to get in the corral, and so now I feed and take care of her, and she is in foal. I don't think it will come for about a month, so maybe the weather will cool off a little by then. This is just an awful time of year for foals to be born, but since they are all pasture bred, they can come any time, and I have seen a couple of other jennies that are very heavy in foal, and due soon. There is also a new black baby born last week. It is so precious. I am going to feed the mother every time she comes up, and maybe she will start coming up all the time.
    ...See More

I need some good vibes....

Q

Comments (20)
    I'm glad you got quick treatment, Phyllis. I got badly attacked some years ago on both my hands, with lots of deep punctures. I didn't realize cat bites carry infection, and waited--almost too long. Scary indeed! Sending good thoughts and some confidence that you'll be just fine with treatment.
    ...See More

Good thoughts and prayers needed.

Q

Comments (12)
    I will also send prayers his way, hope Danny feels better soon. Sue
    ...See More
  • foodonastump
    last month

You’ve sure been on a roller coaster - glad to read this lateat update! Good luck!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked foodonastump
  • Jasdip
    last month

Getting antsy.....the best sign of all. How true!!! He's on the mend and things are heading in the right direction! Yayy!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Jasdip
  • OutsidePlaying
    last month
    last modified: last month

Wonderful news, Annie. Never underestimate this group when it comes to compassion, love and support when needed!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked OutsidePlaying
  • anneliese32
    last month

Great news. Going through a somewhat similar experience (3 hospital stays in 8 weeks for bleeding ulcer), I take hope from your husband's good outcome and was also taken off Aspirin and a coupe of other pain meds as contributing factors.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked anneliese32
  • Trailrunner
    last month

So happy to hear such great news !! Hang in there and make him take it easy !! Hugs c and r

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Trailrunner
  • happy2b…gw
    last month

So happy to read the positive progress report.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked happy2b…gw
  • nickel_kg
    last month

hoping & praying today's news of Mr D. continues to be good :-)

Annie Deighnaugh thanked nickel_kg
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last month

Wahoo! He’s home. Sitting on the deck, reading the newspaper, eating tea and crackers and watching the geese go by. Who knew boring normal could feel so darn good!

Thank you everyone again for all your support in what's been a difficult time for us. I hope before too long, this whole episode just becomes something notable to add to our xmas letter!

• Ninapearl
    last month

squeeee!!!! SO relieved for both of you. there's no place like home!!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Ninapearl
  • chisue
    last month

Ahhh...sweet *normal*.

Anneliese32 -- Hope your ulcer is now *quiet*. Do you know what causes it to flare?

Annie Deighnaugh thanked chisue
  • lindaohnowga
    last month

Prayers have been answered and thanks given to God. I am so glad to read that your hubby is now at home. Thanks Annie for keeping us updated and letting us know this great news. I hope you both can relax now.

• Lars
    last month

So happy to hear that there has been a good resolution. I've been thinking of you and your husband constantly, as I care deeply about you and want only the best for both of you. Your DH is so lucky to have you by his side, as moral and emotional support are so important to one's health.

Please be careful so that the healing can continue.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Lars
  • sjerin
    last month

What an ordeal you've both been through!! Who knew this could happen? Yes, I sign my life away with each colonoscopy but what is the alternative? I'm so very glad to read all is well and that the Mr. is happily home, ensconced on the deck.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked sjerin
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last month

Cheers to normal!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Michele
    last month

Boring normal!!! It can be so wonderful...happy for you both!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Michele
  • hounds_x_two
    last month

So thankful for your very good news!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked hounds_x_two
  • lizzie_grow
    last month

Boring...Normal...both can be wonderful words!! So happy for you both that he was able to come home!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked lizzie_grow
  • happy2b…gw
    last month

Back to normal relaxing on the deck.just like it never happened. Annie, you deserve a nap. I bet you will sleep soundly.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked happy2b…gw
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    last month

Cheers, home sweet home, back to normal!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last month

Thanks for sharing that good news! Here's hoping things continue to be positive...

Annie Deighnaugh thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • OutsidePlaying
    last month

Who knew there could be such joy in being boring and normal!!? Sounds lovely to me, the deck, tea, and crackers, especially after all he has been though, and you too! Welcome home!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last month

As my friend said to me, "So much for a routine colonoscopy!"

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last month

Aw shucks, Lars, you are so sweet!

• blfenton
    last month

So glad everything is back to normal and that your DH is home. I hope he's feeling well and soon back to his normal self.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked blfenton
  • Trailrunner
    last month

Normal and boring never felt or looked so good. We are so happy for you both. Have a joy filled evening. c and r

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Trailrunner
  • lascatx
    last month

Annie, I'm so glad you are back to normal and boring and hope you can enjoy that just as long as needed to get him back to 100%. It can take a while -- hope he won't push too much. How are you doing now? Have you caught your breath and gotten some rest too?

I had to read ALL the way through this. I crashed and had no BP after my oldest was born -- different cause but it still feels like a common thread I had to follow through. It is going to take some time to get back to fully normal. Try to help him pace himself. And take care of you too.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked lascatx
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last month

Thanks lascatx, I'm doing pretty well....just busy as part of my strategy to keeping him quiet is to do the things he'd normally be doing before he can get to them! But it will take me time to emotionally decompress as I'm still in vigilance mode: it's all on only me to watch him now.

• Anne
    last month

I am sorry i did not see this sooner. My continued prayers!!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Anne
  • maifleur03
    last month

Just a suggestion and it will depend on which direction your bathroom door swings but have him leave the door open for about a week when he is in there. Hopefully it will not happen but if he feels weak or needs assistance having an open door will aid you in reaching him.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked maifleur03
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last month

Hahaha! maifleur we haven't shut a bathroom door if it's just us in the house in decades...unless we're showering and want to keep the bathroom warm. I'm always surprised in my powder room when we have people over...I shut the door and I'm like, "Oh that's what my guests see!"

• sjerin
    last month

How is your dh doing, AnnieD?

Annie Deighnaugh thanked sjerin
  • lindaohnowga
    last month

I'm wanting to know how your hubby is doing too, Annie. Praying he is behaving and doing well.

• maifleur03
    last month

Annie I was surprised to see how many people shut the door on a thread several months ago. Some even if they are the only people in the house.

Does not happen often but I have thought about shutting it when the hungry fur hoard is staring up at me with an occasional meow.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    last month

Dh is doing very well, thank you. It will take time for his blood to rebuild. But he is doing a lot of his usual things around the house, only more slowly with a lot of rest periods in between. He'll be on a low residue diet for a few more days before we will gradually return to normal. Mon he goes for a hemoglobin and kidney function tests and hopefully it will show continued improvement.

Thanks so much for checking!

I found this wonderful yoga video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KB6Nmc46I ...very gentle, lots of deep breathing, I was able to do it outside and it was so helpful for decompressing. I'm comfortable with leaving him home alone for a couple of hours now and hope to get back to my regular exercise schedule now. We are a week past his last major bleed so I'm pretty confident he's at low risk, and with each passing day, that risk gets lower.

• pudgeder
    last month

So glad to hear he's on the upgrade!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked pudgeder
  • maire_cate
    24 days ago
    last modified: 23 days ago

Annie - it is so good to hear about your DH's improvement - and yours too. That's what my Mother would call 'smiling good news.' I hope you both continue to feel better and that your usual stamina returns quickly.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked maire_cate
  • hallngarden
    24 days ago
    last modified: 24 days ago

Annie, thanks for always keeping us motivated. Great news that you and mister are getting stronger each day. Prayers for you and yours.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked hallngarden
  • Uptown Gal
    24 days ago

Prayer remaining in place that every single day is better and better than the day before!

Hugs for both of you!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Uptown Gal
  • satine100
    24 days ago

I have been surprised (in a good way) that you have been able to maintain your daily posts through all your troubles. You still make us laugh every day and I so enjoy seeing everyones pictures each day. I think your attitude goes a long way in your recovery . So glad to hear you both are moving in the right direction.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked satine100
  • dedtired
    24 days ago

Annie, glad things are looking up. You and Mr. D have certainly been through a lot. Wishing you both continued improvement!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked dedtired
  • yeonassky
    24 days ago

Thank you Annie for keeping us in the loop! I for one worry when I don't hear how things are. I am so happy that you both are going forward towards health again. Hugs!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked yeonassky
  • Yayagal
    24 days ago

This is what we wanted to hear, thank you for sharing.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Yayagal
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    24 days ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful update.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • blfenton
    24 days ago

Thank-you so much for letting us know how the two of you are doing. As my mom used to say "you have certainly been through the wringer". I hope you both continue to gain strength and get back your perkiness.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked blfenton
  • OutsidePlaying
    24 days ago

Thank you for the update on both you and hubby. I am so happy to hear there is much improvement for both of you. You have been on my mind a lot as i know you have been dealing with so much worry in addition to your own health issues.

• Lukki Irish
    23 days ago

I didn’t see this sooner, but I just read your update and I’m really glad you are both on the mend.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Lukki Irish
  • Anne
    23 days ago

A little late in response to closing the bathroom door…… if anyone has inward opening bathroom doors please have that changed to swing out or if you cannoy afford it then door should stay at least partially open.

You never want a loved one on the floor against an inward opening door….. it is so very scary in a medical emergency.

So happy for you and your husband Annie!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Anne