SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_rebecca

DIY Laundry/Mudroom Reno Before/After Pics

RenoGirl
2 years ago

We are experienced DIYers and are finishing the last few rooms of our house.

This basement room was previously unused except for storing random items. It was never really anything...just a blank, dark, unfinished, unused space. We decided to make it part laundry, part mudroom, part downstairs entrance with a little bit of fun space thrown in. We brightened it up with a finished drop type ceiling, new flooring, lighting and giant built in cabinets for storage (they house a mini fridge, small deep freezer and a few other items.) We made a great folding table with a laundry sorting center out of a couple newell posts that we cut down and painted, and a marble laminate countertop. I had a huge stash of wine corks so I made a dart board backer and my husband did up this cute bar ledge, which works perfect as we have a little wine cellar room down here that I posted pics of a few months ago. My husband also made up the ironing board holder and the coat rack/picture ledge for me. Whats not pictured yet is the washer/dry closet attached to this room and a new entrance door. That part of the reno will be finished shortly and I will post pics when we are done. We are thrilled with how it came out considering how really dreary this room was when we began.

As usual, we realize this won't be everyones cup of tea here, as we all have different tastes. It fits our personalities and style and we love it. We like to show what you can do on your own if you don't have access to a very large budget- but do have access to determination, imagination and are willing to do most of the work yourself.

After:

Before:

Comments (10)