SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nepool

Pics of a Laundry/Mudroom/Pantry Combo?

nepool
10 years ago

Hi,

I am in the initial stages of sketching out my ideas to take to an architect. An idea popped into my head of doing a large (10x10 or 10x11 or so) room in the front of the house (our formal dining will be in the great room), just across the hall from the kitchen which will adjacent to the garage entry. Most of the laundry rooms I see are just laundry. I'd like this room to serve multiple functions: pantry, bench, large coat closet, laundry sink & front loading W/D and open ironing board. I was thinking that under the front window, I could do a desk height counter for crafts or a TV (for ironing!). I'd obviously have to figure something out with window treatments that let in light from the front, but give privacy.

Architecturally, I'd make this adjacent to the foyer, and have a similar sized study on the other side of the Foyer, and a coat closet in the Foyer. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Any cons to having a combo space rather than a small pantry + mudroom + small laundry?

Here is another GW member that is doing something similar (Option B). I'd love to see pics of others who may have gone this route.

Here is a link that might be useful: Combo laundry/mudroom

Comments (18)