SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eofung

Most awkward living room design ever! HELP!

eofung
2 years ago

Hi there! I've lived in my house for almost two years now, and haven't been able to sort out the living room! I blame it on giving birth exactly three days after moving in, in the midst of a double bathroom reno, and the endless projects we've had ever since (125 old house).

For a while, we were using the couch to bisect it length-wise, but that broke things up too much. Currently, we've got a really awkward couch facing a barely-fitting tv stand table, but now we don't have room for more seating. Part of the problem is that the short wall currently housing the TV/record player/speakers is only 56" wide. I've thought about extending the wall to make it suitable for a couch, but then it would be facing _away_ from the front door, and you wouldn't be able to see if someone walked into the home.

Can anyone figure out how to increase seating while still having room for TV/record player/speakers??

Thank you!! Pics below. Please excuse my toddler mess and toddler play area wool rug. And yes, those drapes have got to GO.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022