SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtvhike

Google map problem

mtvhike
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This is one of many questions some of us have which don't really fit into any of Houzz's topics, so, since it is an internet problem, I'm selecting Computer Help.

Google Maps has a hard time finding my house. They have it located on a non-existant street and I have been unable to force it to use my correct address.

Problem 1: The current name of the road from the "C" in Cross St to the top of the map is Fox Run Road, Back Road is an obsolete name.

Problem 2: When I search for that address, I am directed to the mark in the middle of this map, at the end of a undrivable logging road.

I picked several points along Fox Run Road and labeled them with their correct mailing address (98, 96, and 86 Fox Run Road). My mailbox is at the start of my driveway, which is that straight gray line which goes to my house, and that is the location of #86 However, when I point to that location and ask Google what the address is, I get 112 County Route 10, which is one of the many names for Fox Run Road.

Those three addresses with the blue indicators were assigned by the town, and my Garmin GPS unit does find them correctly. So, how do I get Google to correct them (and eliminate that logging road)?

Comments (6)