SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kris_atkinsfreeman

Coordinating Lamp Shade help

K Free
2 years ago

So, I am getting new leather couch and textured fabric chairs and turkish handmade rug. They haven't arrived yet. But I need to change my lighting, or at least coordinate my current lighting (see photos).

OUT OF ORDER.... see photo #3. This blue lamp is new and I hope it will be my updated style (which is transitional, boho, I think. I am not necessarily looking to modernize or update I LIKE the TAPERED DRUM LAMPSHADE. I was reading you could keep some of your lighting as long as you coordinate something in common... like lampshades.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, MY dilemna if I haven't lost you so far is: Photo #1. This lamp is "ok" but I would prefer a tapered drum lampshade like my new blue lamp in #3 or WILL THIS empire style COORDINATE ENOUGH? (I am semi-stuck on what could fit on this table I think, because it is only 18x20 by 18 inches tall and I can't overpower it) (I would love a bean pot style terra cotta sienna quality lamp but I can't find one small enough to fit)

Photo #2: Will this lampshade work/coordinate?

Photo #3: I hope this is perfect, what I am looking to coordinate to.

Photo #4: New wall art (haven't framed it yet), hoping to keep the buffet lamp but get a new shade to coordinate? (30 inches tall lampshade is currently 5 at top 11 on bottom) The current lampshade size gets in the way of viewing the new art.

Comments (3)