SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie_b_

What color to paint the island?

Annie B.
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi guys I have a lot of wood tones in my house (wood looking floors, Wide wood picture bench, Wooden door, wooden stairs & stair storage, and wooden bamboo pendant lights. I am trying to tone down some of the wood, Especially because they are all different types of wood / wood colors. My style is a mix of Scandinavian & Japanese, I like minimal and clean, but with some architectural designs. I dont like high contrasting colors much & prefer a more clean airy white feel.

i plan to paint the door tricorn black because there is too much wood around it.

The painter messed up on the kitchen island slats and painted it too light and now I need to figure out whether to Stain it darker or paint it black. The currently color doesn't match the other wood tones and looks ghostly pale in comparison. Several people have suggested black.would match the sunroom door trim & lights but im worried it will just be too contrasting to me. hints of black (light fixture, rail) is okay, but the island would be a big one. The only real accent color is the cabinets (Ikea Bodarp green-gray- currently the color has a seal on it so that is mot the real color).

Thoughts if I should try to resolve the wood color and keep it natural wood or paint it Tricorn black for kitchen island?

?

Comments (6)